Farm Store/U-Pick Hours:
May 6 through Nov 15: Daily 9am to 6pm- (U-pick last call is always 5:30pm)
- (Farm Store open until 10pm on Fri/Sat in October)
U-Pick Crop Update (05/23-24/16) We have 6 fields open, with 3 of them having a good amount of ripe berries in them! Hoods are open for those who want them, there are a good amount of ripe ones although they are pretty small this year. We are hoping with the weather warming up a little to have even more later this week! Please remember it has been raining and it is very muddy out here, so dress for mud. We will have already picked berries in the farm store at the beginning of the day, we do sell out so if you are coming late in the day email Samara@bellaorganic.com to reserve your flats.
**Please keep in mind, we are a very popular u-pick destination so we have A LOT of u-pickers daily. It’s a good idea to call or check crop updates on our website before heading out, if you are looking to pick larger quantities! It’s just the beginning of strawberry season but since we have so many pickers daily it’s more likely that folks will have to come out for a couple different visits to get larger quantities (like they used to get in the old days.) I would say strawberries will last 3-4 weeks but peak will prob be between 27th of May through first week of June (please remember this is not set in stone, it all depends on weather.) Call for updates before you head out because picking changes with weather and by customer traffic in the fields! 503-621-9545 is our number
Food Pavilion – Open starting May 21st through October Fri/Sat – hours vary
Food Booth & Outdoor Activities Cash Only!
WHAT IS AVAILABLE FOR U-PICK NOW??
- Call for crop updates if you are looking to try to pick larger quantities, and email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about reserving flats of berries or large quantities of produce.
- Check the voicemail (503) 621-9545 for Crop Updates or Check this page to find out how the crops are doing and when the best picking will be
- You can use cash, credit, debit, WIC vouchers, or farm direct checks when shopping inside the store
- ALL OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES AND FOOD/BEER BOOTHS ARE CASH ONLY!)
- Like Us on Facebook & Join our Newsletter for the Best Bella Deals
Containers for picking and Transporting Home:
- We provide buckets to pick into and bags to bring your berries home in.
- You can purchase berry boxes from us at $1 each (our cost)
You can bring your own containers for picking and to bring your berries home (Please remember to weigh your containers from home BEFORE you pick into them.)
Typical Months Crops are Available for U-Pick (Check For Current U-Pick Crops Above): Not guaranteed but as a frame of reference for typical availability.
- Cherries (Rainier, Bing, Sour Pie Cherries)
- Marionberries (Early for the 2015 season)
- Early Variety Blackberries (starts end of June)
- Strawberries (may be done by now)
- Marionberries (check above crop update for info for this crop in July)
- Raspberries (check above crop update for info for this crop in July)
- Early Variety Blackberries
- Thornless Blackberries
- Pumpkins (end of the month)
- Tomatoes (We will have a variety of options for U-Pick tomatoes, including a selection of heirlooms
Prices for our Oregon Tilth Certified Organic U-Pick:
Strawberries – $3.50/lb
Blueberries – $3.50/lb
Blackberries – $3.50/lb
Marionberries – $3.50/lb
Raspberries – $4.00/lb
Cherries – $4.50/lb
Heirloom Tomatoes – $3.00/lb